This quiz contains almost all the important facts about India’s journey in the Olympics till now. It is very important for all the competitive exams wherever sports Gk is being asked.
1. When did the India won the maximum medals in Olympics?
Explaination:- At Tokyo Olympics 2020, India has won the total 7 medals comprises of 1 gold ,2 silver and 4 bronze medal .
2 When did india first appeared in winter Olympics games ?
Explaination:- India debuted in winter Olympics in 1964 at Innsbruck, Austria with the sole athlete Jeremy Bujakowski , who competed in the men’s downhill event in alpine sking.
3. Which is the second most successful sports in Olympics after hockey in India.
Explaination:- wristling is india’s second most successful sports after hockey in Olympics as it has 7 medals in its name till now. The list of the wristler who has won medals in Olympics are:
KD jadhav —–1Bronze medal —–1952 Helsinki
Sushil kumar —–1 broze and 1 silver medal —–2008 Beijing and 2012 london
Yogeshwar Dutt—–1 bronze medal —- 2012 london
Sakshi malik—– 1 bronze medal—– Rio 2016
Ravi kumar dahiya —– silver medal —— Tokyo 2020
Bajrang punia —— Bronze medal —— tokyo 2020.
4. Who is the first indian to win two individual medals in olympic games.
Explaination:- Sushil kumar has won a Bronze medal at Beijing 2008 olympics and a silver medal at London 2012 olympic games.
5. When did india first appeared in Olympics game?
Explaination:- India first debuted in Olympics at 1900 paris Olympic games with a lone athele Norman Pritchard winning two medals both silver in atheletics and then india became the first Asian nation to win an Olympic medal.
6. Who became the first indian to win an individual Olympics gold medal.
Explaination:- Abhinav bindra became the first indian to win an individual gold medal in shooting at 2008 Beijing Olympics.
7. Who has won the first athletics gold medal for India ?
Explaination:- Neerraj chopra has won india’s first ever track and field gold medal in javelin throw with the best throw of 87.58 m at Tokyo 2020 olympic games .
8. How many gold medal in Olympics India bagged till now?
Explaination:-India has won total 10 gold medals comprises of Indian hockey team 8 gold medals , Abhinav bindra’s 1 gold medal in shooting & Neeraj chopra’s 1 gold medal in javelin throw.
9. How many times Indian hockey team won gold medal in Olympics?
Explaination:- India has won total of 12 medals in Olympics till now including 8 gold, 1 silver and 3 bronze.
10. What is the name of the first indian woman who has won medal in badminton at Olympics.
Explaination:- At the London olympics 2012 , Saina nehwal won the bronze medal in badminton.
11. Who is the first Indian female to win a medal in wrestling.
Explaination:- In 2016 at Rio summer Olympic games, sakshi malik became the first indian woman to won bronze medal in 58 kg freestyle wrestling.
12. Who is the youngest indian woman to win medal in Olympic games?
Explaination:- PV Sindhu Became the youngest and first ever indian women to win silver medal at the Olympics . She got silver medal in badminton at Rio Olympics 2016.
13. Who among the following is the first indian women to win two Olympic medals.
Explaination:- PV Sindhu won silver medal in Rio 2016 olympics and Bronze medal in Tokyo 2020 olympics game and becomes the first indian women to won 2 medals.
14. Who is the first Indian women to ever win any medal in Olympics?
Explaination:- Karnam Malleshwari is the first ever indian woman who has won the bronze medal in the weightlifting 69kg womens category in 2000 at Sydney olym pics
15. What is the name of the youngest Indian to win medal in Olympics?
Explaination:- Neeraj Chopra has won gold medal in javlin throw at Tokyo Olympic 2020 at the age of 23 .
16. How many medals india has won in Olympics till now?
Explaination:- India has won total 35 medals across 24 olympic games till now including 10 gold , 9 silver & 16 bronze medals.
17. What is the name of the first indian women to compete at an olympic games?
Explaination:- At Helsinki olympics games in 1952 , Nilima gosh was only 17 years old when she officially became the first women to participate in Olympics games .
18. What is the name of the first indian women to be elected as the member of the international Olympic Committee (IOC).
Explaination:- Neeta ambani , owner of the mumbai indian IPL cricket team and the Chairperson of reliance foundation was the first indian women to join the IOC as a member in 2016 and will remain its member till the age of 70.
19. Which indian has appeared maximum number of times in olympic games
Explaination:-Leander paes is the first indian and the only tennis player who competed consicutively in 7 olympic games from 1992 to 2016.
20. What is the name of the First female gymnast of india ever competed in olympics
Explaination:- Deepa karmakar at the age of 52 became the first female gymnast to represent India in 2016 Rio de Janeiro Summer olympic games.
CLICK HERE to know the important facts about the olympic games by solving quiz.