International Chocolate Day is celebrated every year on 7 July in India and around the world. It was first celebrated in the year 2009.
International Chocolate Day / World Chocolate Day
Chocolate lovers celebrate this day on 7 July every year by eating chocolate and distributing it among each other. Apart from this, Chocolate Day is also celebrated by couples on the third day of Valentine’s week in February.
Chocolate is one such food item that is liked by everyone from children to the elder. It can be given on a special occasion or to please someone. Along with this, eating it in proper quantity also has many benefits for the body.
When and how World chocolate day was Initiated :
World Chocolate Day is celebrated every year on 7 July, it is said that it started on 7 July 1550 in Europe, about 472 years ago. After which, France also started celebrating Chocolate Day in 1995.
But the history of chocolate is not only 472 years old, but some people also believe that its existence is 2000 to 4000 years old. The date of Chocolate Day is also different in different countries, in America it is celebrated as National Chocolate Day on 28 October. The African country Ghana is the second-largest producer of cocoa, where this day dedicated to chocolate is celebrated every year on 14 February
It is believed that the chocolate tree was first seen in America and the discovery of chocolate started from the seeds in the pods of this tree. At that time, around the year 1528, when Mexico was occupied by Spain, Then they brought this chocolate tree (called cacao) from Mexico to Spain and the people there liked it so much that they made it their favorite drink.
However, when chocolate was in its early stages, people did not know much about it, so they found its taste astringent and slightly pungent, later many measures were taken to remove its pungency. And the credit for making it sweet goes to Europe.
How is World Chocolate Day celebrated?
You can celebrate Chocolate Day very easily and with great pomp, on this day you can exchange chocolates or gift chocolates to someone. Nowadays chocolate is available in many ways in the market, whether you can buy dark chocolate or you can give the chocolate cake, chocolate candy, or any other thing made of chocolate as a gift to someone.
If your loved one has become angry with you, then to celebrate it, you can celebrate International Chocolate Day by gifting them chocolates and strengthening your relationship. Today chocolate is used in everything from ice cream to cakes and most of the sweets ordered online.
Health Benefits of Chocolate :
Although many people believe that chocolate affects the body’s structure and increases obesity, but it also has many benefits such as:
- Eating chocolate reduces stress because chocolate controls the hormones that increase stress.
- It has also been found in research that chocolate also works to control and reduce blood pressure.
- Some people also believe that chocolate has anti-oxidant properties, due to which you do not get old too soon.
- Eating dark chocolate daily reduces the risk of heart disease by one-third.
- Chocolate has an antibacterial effect on the mouth, which prevents tooth decay.
- Chocolate seeds have many medicinal properties.
Some lesser-known facts of Chocolates:
- If a normal person consumes a dose of about 22 pounds of chocolate, it can be fatal for him.
- Research has found that eating dark chocolate increases the power of the eyes as well as increases the ability of the brain to work.
- You will be surprised to know, that white chocolate does not contain cocoa solids or cocoa liqueur. It’s not really chocolate.
- In Research conducted in Indiana, USA, it was found that cyclists who drank milk chocolate instead of sports drinks scored higher.
- 400 cocoa beans are needed to make 450 grams of chocolate.
- People in the US eat about 100 pounds of chocolate every second.
- The famous M&M chocolates during World War II were made in 1941 for the soldiers of the army.
- Around 40% of almonds in the world are used to make chocolate.
- It is generally said that eating chocolate spoils the teeth, but chocolate has anti-bacterial properties which do not spoil the teeth.
- Chocolate has more effect on cough than medicine.
- In view of the growing business of chocolate, now potato chips wrapped in milk chocolate have also been launched.
India and chocolates
Chocolate consumption in India is very high and due to the continuous increase in milk and cocoa production in India, the chocolate industry is growing very fast in India. India is exporting chocolates to Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Nepal, Hong Kong, and UAE.
The cocoa tree, which produces chocolate, was introduced to India in the early twentieth century and has been commercially cultivated since the 1960s.
Cocoa is a tropical crop and the climate of India is quite favorable for it, so it is growing very well in India. Even today in India it is known as a horticultural crop and it is also cultivated.