The ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup 2023 is reaching its climax, with semi-finals and the final creating a buzz among cricket enthusiasts. Here’s your comprehensive guide to the upcoming clashes.
Table of Contents
Cricket World Cup 2023 Semi-Final Showdowns:
- Wednesday, 15 November: India vs. New Zealand at Mumbai’s Wankhede Stadium – a replay of the 2019 World Cup semi-final.
- Thursday, 16 November: South Africa vs. Australia at Kolkata’s Eden Gardens – a clash of cricket titans.
Cricket World Cup 2023Grand Finale:
- Sunday, 19 November: The winners of the semi-finals will battle it out in Ahmedabad for the ultimate glory.
- India dominates the group stage, securing the top spot with a flawless nine-match winning streak and an impressive net run rate.
- South Africa and Australia secure their spots with seven and 14 points, respectively, overcoming early setbacks.
- New Zealand snags the final spot, navigating through challenges to make it to the knockout stage.
Squads at a Glance:
- India, led by Rohit Sharma, boasts a formidable lineup.
- South Africa, captained by Temba Bavuma, aims for their first World Cup semi-final.
- Australia, the tournament’s most successful nation, eyes a historic sixth title.
- New Zealand, led by Kane Williamson, seeks redemption after being runners-up in the last two editions.
World Cup Pedigree:
- India eyes its first major ICC tournament win in 12 years, with home advantage.
- South Africa’s men aim for a historic semi-final, inspired by their women’s team’s recent success.
- Australia, the tournament’s powerhouse, eyes a record sixth title.
- New Zealand, consistent in reaching knockouts, looks to overcome past final defeats.
Logistics and Prizes:
- Reserve days in case of weather disruptions for the semi-finals and the final.
- A $10 million prize pool, with $4 million for the winners and $2 million for the runners-up.
How to Watch Cricket World Cup 2023:
- Global broadcast by Disney Star; in India, catch it on Star Sports Network.
- UK viewers on Sky Sports, while the USA can tune in via WillowTV.
- Australia’s coverage on Fox Sports and Kayo, and in New Zealand on Sky Sport NZ.
Iconic Venues for Cricket World Cup 2023 Semi-Final and Final.
- Semi-Final 1 at Wankhede Stadium, Mumbai.
- Semi-Final 2 at Eden Gardens, Kolkata.
- The Final at Narendra Modi Stadium, Ahmedabad, the world’s largest sports arena.
Experience the cricketing spectacle as the world’s best vie for glory in this thrilling culmination of the ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup 2023!