Explore the latest trends in the stock market with insights on Dow Jones, S&P 500, and Nasdaq. Track their weekly performance and current index levels for informed investment decisions.
Stocks showed limited movement on Friday, yet the three main indexes appeared poised to secure a third consecutive week of gains.
- The Dow Jones Industrial Average saw a slight decrease of 10 points.
- The S&P 500 remained relatively flat.
- The Nasdaq Composite experienced a minor dip of 0.2%.
- The 10-year Treasury yield increased to 4.455%.
- The Dow demonstrated a 1.9% increase for the week, marking a robust 7.7% rise over the past three weeks—the most substantial three-week gain since November 11, 2022 (Dow Jones Market Data).
- The S&P 500 posted a roughly 2% gain for the week, contributing to an impressive 9.4% surge over the last three weeks. This performance is on track to be the largest three-week percentage increase since the period ending on June 5, 2020.
- The Nasdaq exhibited a 2.1% increase for the week and an impressive 11.4% surge over the past three weeks. This would represent the tech-heavy index’s most substantial three-week span since April 24, 2020.
Current Index Levels:
- DJIA (Dow Jones Global): 34909.00, down 36.47 points, or 0.10%.
- S&P 500 (S&P US): 4505.30, down 2.94 points, or 0.07%.
- Nasdaq (Nasdaq): 14088.11, down 25.56 points, or 0.18%.
It’s noteworthy that while individual daily movements might be subdued, the overall trend indicates a positive trajectory for the markets, reflecting sustained investor confidence.